Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh has issued a point-by-point rebuttal of former Mumbai Police commissioner Param Bir Singh, who dropped an explosive letter to CM Uddhav Thackeray, accusing the NCP chief of demanding Rs 100 crore assortment from the police each month.
In his assertion on Sunday, a day after the letter, Anil Deshmukh has written: Unsigned letter of Parambir Singh to CM Maharashtra comes as a shock. His assertions in letter if written by him and true critically implicate him for the allegations that he has made. Citizens might undergo the untenable claims allegedly made by Shri Param Bir Singh as beneath:
1. About the switch: His competition is that it was a routine switch and it was not for his doubtful conduct. Section 22 N (2) particularly talks of ‘exceptional cases’- and in current case as per Shri pram bir it was to conduct free and truthful trial of Antilla Case.
Fact that part 22 N (2) talks of remarkable instances doubtful conduct is included on this exception. Notings on file as indicated by Shri Param Bir additionally point out distinctive case of making certain free and truthful investigation. By this actual fact it’s clear that presence of Shri Param Bir as CP would have precipitated due hurt to the investigation and therefore is roofed underneath the definition of doubtful conduct.
2. Communications relating to misdeeds of HM: As shri Param Bir allegedly claims, that he had briefed the CM and in addition NCP leadership- it’s shocking why he didn’t put it in writing and as CP being absolutely empowered why he didn’t provoke motion. Getting an FIR accomplished doesn’t require any sanction. This exhibits that the allegations being made now are an afterthought.
3. Collection from Hotels and bars and directions to Vaze: Shri Param Bir has alleged that it was in Feb and as he says final a number of months it’s presumed he’s speaking of Feb 2021. If this being true, as CP Mumbai it was his responsibility to file this in writing and provoke or requite for enquiry. Making this revelation now clearly exhibits that whereas the going was good he by no means talked about it and now since he’s transferred, he’s elevating this concern. It is shocking that Home Minster who was in cost when Param Bir was made CP would wait as long as one yr to make these recommendations of collections to Vaze.
About conferences and recommendations made to ACP Patil and DCP Bhujbal: Again, Shri Param Bir lacked in his responsibility to report and reply until he was transferred. If this occurred on 4th March as alleged by him, he ought to have introduced this to discover of CM or initiated motion and reported to Anti-Corruption. He is absolutely conscious of the method as he himself was DG anti-corruption.
4. His message alternate with ACP Patil of sixteenth and nineteenth clearly exhibits how we wished to construct up this plot after his switch. It is shocking why he wants affirmation kind ACP Patil when he himself says that he was knowledgeable by ACP Patil and Vaze each in Feb and March. Need to get this message as exhibit is to strive to construct proof after his switch.
5. Home minister calling officers: Home Minster is absolutely empowered as head of division to name any officer for dialogue and conferences. In truth, Shri Param Bir elevating these issues clearly quantities to insubordination. As in regards to the targets, Shri Param Bir is making an allegation with out supporting information and dates…so this too calls for a behaviour unbecoming of a police officer and make Shri Param Bir libel for departmental motion instantly.
6. Mohan Delkar Case: Here Shri Param Bir logic of not registering case in Mumbai is totally in opposition to CRPC. Cognizance of case has to be taken the place the incident befell this was similar complication which was created in Sushant Singh case which led to Maharashtra govt getting lot of flak each in media and by the judiciary. In truth, his not obeying authorized instructions quantities to insubordination and desires to be enquired into departmentally.
7. Non-existence of any proof in opposition to Param Bir: His assertion right here is untimely as each investigations on planting of explosives and homicide of Hiren are removed from over.
8. Extraneous and vindictive: This allegation for extraneous causes is a wild allegation with out substantiation by a member of police power and liable for motion.
Similarly vindictive can be not borne out by the alleged letter besides for not registering Delkar case which is definitely unlawful on a part of Param Bir —no different case of vindictiveness is made out and therefore is liable for motion in opposition to Param Bir for insubordination and making false allegations in opposition to the pinnacle of division.
Following the rebuttal, Anil Deshmukh has additionally listed out a series of action Param Bir Singh now faces after his letter bomb to Uddhav Thackeray. In the assertion, Anil Deshmukh has additional listed out:
Deshmukh has additional added: From the allegations made, Shri Param Bir is liable for:
a. Departmental motion for insubordination- and behavior unbecoming of a police officer
i. Where he admits not registering suicide case in Mohan Delkar case.
ii. His questioning the authority of HM in calling officers and giving instructions.
iii. Making false allegations of vindictiveness and extraneous causes and placing them to the media.
iv. Also false fabrication of proof in a purportedly legal case of unlawful demand of cash as per WhatsApp messages.
b. Criminal motion for
i. Not reporting/initiating the matter pertaining to demand of cash exhibits his being complicit within the alleged crime throughout the provisions of Prevention of Corruption act for tried abetment of unlawful gratification with out reporting the identical.
ii. For not registering case of suicide in Mohan Delkar case as per provisions of 166A (c) for refusing to register an FIR.
In his assertion, Deshmukh has additional mentioned: Citizens demand fast motion —
a. Shri Param Bir be positioned underneath suspension as per provisions of Rule 3 of All India Service (Discipline and Appeal) Rules, 1969.
b. Departmental motion be initiated and in addition legal motion be proposed as talked about above- legal motion will look into particulars of all of the allegations of demand as alleged by Shri Param Bir.