India will begin Phase-3 of its nationwide Covid-19 vaccination drive from Thursday (today) at a time when the nation’s each day Covid-19 figures are breaking some document or the opposite day by day.
Under Phase 3 of the vaccination drive, the federal government is targeting to cover all people aged more than 45 years.
The nationwide Covid-19 vaccination drive started on January 16. In the primary part, well being staff engaged in Covid-19 responsibility together with different important frontline staff had been lined.
In Phase 2 that began on March 1, all senior citizens aged more than 60 years and people within the age group of 45-59 years with co-morbidities had been eligible for vaccination.
The Covid-19 vaccine pictures had been supplied free-of-cost at authorities hospitals and well being centres, whereas these prepared to take the shot at non-public centres had been charged up to Rs 250 per dose.
The value of Covid-19 vaccine will stay the identical even within the third phasing beginning today.
10 points of Phase 3 vaccination and India’s Covid-19 numbers
1) India is currently (*10*)This surge began round mid-February. According to the Union well being ministry, whereas the general circumstances in India are rising, the rise shouldn’t be uniform throughout all states or areas. The circumstances, as prior to now, are concentrated in a handful of states however pose a menace to the complete nation.
2) According to the information put out by the Centre on Wednesday, eight states account for 84.73 per cent of all new Covid-19 circumstances within the nation. These states are: Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Punjab and Madhya Pradesh.
84.73% of the brand new circumstances are reported from these 8 states.
53,480 new circumstances had been registered within the final 24 hours.
— #IndiaFightsCorona (@COVIDNewsByMIB) March 31, 2021
3) Maharashtra is the worst-hit state within the nation and has over 3 lakh lively Covid-19 circumstances. Through the previous one week, the state has been reporting over 30,000 new circumstances day by day. Compared to this, the state’s common each day case depend in February was 3,000, the Centre mentioned. Maharashtra additionally accounts for eight of the highest 10 districts with highest variety of lively circumstances.
4) On Wednesday, India reported 53,480 new Covid-19 circumstances and 354 Covid-related deaths. Of these, 39,544 circumstances and 227 deaths had been from Maharashtra alone.
#Maharashtra worst impacted state with #Covid19. #BMC asks hospitals in #Mumbai to enhance beds for Covid-19 sufferers.| @Ankit_Tyagi01, @pankajcreates, @sardesairajdeep#6PMPrime #Coronavirus pic.twitter.com/W9tUu7CyHz
— IndiaToday (@IndiaToday) March 31, 2021
5) Apart from Maharashtra, (*3*). It has reported almost 21 per cent week-on-week enhance in new Covid-19 circumstances and about 2,740 common each day circumstances within the final seven days. During the identical interval, the state has additionally seen a 30 per cent week-on-week enhance in new Covid-related deaths and is reporting about 53 common each day deaths, the Union well being ministry mentioned.
6) After a excessive-level assembly, the Centre on Wednesday requested Punjab and Chandigarh to successfully implement the test-track-treat technique towards the Covid-19 pandemic. It mentioned the state should escalate testing until the positivity fee comes down under 5 per cent and guarantee precedence vaccination of eligible inhabitants teams in districts reporting excessive variety of circumstances.
7) It is in this backdrop that the nation is beginning Phase 3 of its nationwide Covid-19 vaccination drive from today. According to the Union house ministry, as of seven pm on Wednesday, India had administered 6.43 crore doses of Covid-19 vaccine.
8) These embody 82,47,288 healthcare staff (HCWs) who’ve taken the primary dose and 52,38,705 HCWs who’ve taken the second dose, 91,34,627 frontline staff (FLWs) who’ve obtained the primary dose, 39,23,172 FLWs who’ve taken the second dose.
Besides these, 3,00,39,599 and 86,869 beneficiaries greater than 60-years-old have been administered the primary and second dose, respectively, whereas 76,74,934 and 13,571 people aged 45 to 59 with particular comorbidities have taken the primary and second dose, respectively.
9) Ahead of the Phase 3 vaccination, Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan on Wednesday held a gathering with states to overview their preparations. The Centre conveyed to the states that there isn’t a scarcity of Covid-19 vaccines within the international locations and that it’ll “continually replenish” states’ vaccine provides.
10) The Centre has additionally requested states and UTs to minimise their vaccine wastage to under 1 per cent, towards the present nationwide vaccine wastage determine of 6 per cent. The Centre has additionally requested states to determine low vaccine protection pockets, particularly in districts which have seen a current surge in Covid-19 circumstances.